Wednesday, August 19, 2009

One of my pals

Ippei has asked many questions about what I believe about God. I have been completely honest with him about why I am here, even going so far as calling myself missionary. He is the first person I have just flat out told up front. So far he hasn't stopped doing anything with me and still remains interested. I think this might have something to do with the fact that he seems bored with life. To him his life is pretty repetitive, and I would go so far as to call it mundane. He works at a retail store long hours, where all he does is "just stand around" (his words). If he sends me an e-mail that says "I am just standing around" I know this means that he is at work. He is a nice, easy-going guy. Speaks great english, and is creative. He has two passions (and a girlfriend that he sees on occasion); skateboarding, and painting. He is a pretty decent artist and enjoys creating different designs. I have tried to encourage him to do something with his artistic abilities. I think he appreciates my encouragement. Please pray that Ippei continues to befriend me. Pray that I can share Christ with him in a way that will make life more exciting in ways that he could never have previously imagined. Like many other young Japanese people, Ippei is searching for God, they just don't know where to find Him.

3 comments:

  1. "Just standing around," sounds like what I do at my job. Praying for you Daniel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I've been playing on my nintendo DS a lot lately and it makes me think of you. No, it isn't pokemon, in fact its just sudoku on brain age academy. But anything nintendo makes me think of you :P Sounds like this guy, Ippei should paint skate-board decks. What kinda stuff does he paint?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the last sentence is very quotable. i liked the content of this blog, but also the way you wrote it was awesome too. you still need to write a book.

    -lindse

    ReplyDelete